This training provides general guidance of Fire Prevention and Fighting on board ships.
On meeting the minimum standard of competence in this training, a trainee will be competent to take appropriate measures for the safety of personnel and of the ship and to use fire appliances correctly.
- Minimizing the Risk of Fire
- Maintaining a State of Readiness to Respond to Emergency Situations Involving Fires
- Fighting and Extinguishing Fires
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 (two) hours for all CBT modules and practical exercise.
This course is based on the guidelines of;
- STCW Convention Section A-VI/1-2
- IMO Model Course 1.20
- SOLAS 1974
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems