Participants who complete this training will be able to contribute to the safe transportation of hazardous and pollutant substances through seaways, by learning the classes of dangerous goods and related legal regulations and rules.
- Definitions, Documentation, Reporting
- International and National Legislations
- Classification of Dangerous Goods
- Placarding / Marking and Labelling of CTUs
- EmS Guide
- Cargo Spillage and PPE
- HazMat Safety & Security Requirements
- Container Ships and Fumigation
- Stowage and Segregation Of Hazardous Materials
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- UN Numbers and Proper Shipping Names
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 hours for CBT and 1/2 hour for practical exercise.
- 49 CFR, Subpart H, Section 172.704
This course is based on the guidelines of IMDG Code – Amendment 38-16 and Supplement and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 49 (171, 172 Subpart B & C & G & H, 176)