The Purpose of this Training is to guide ship personnel about the Marine Casualty Investigation according to “Casualty Investigation Code”.
- To explain why Incident Inveatigation is done
- To be able to make root cause analysis after the incidents
- To investigate the key stages of interview
- To explain an effective investigation report
- Accident/Incident/Near Miss Definition
- Incident Causation Period
- Root Cause Analysis
- Collecting Evidence
- Inteview Technics
- Incident Reporting
- Sample Company Forms
Training includes 7 sections.Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 hours for CBT module and 1/2 hour for practical exercise.
An incident investigation is a formal or systematic process which involves the documentation and analysis of a workplace event that resulted in a loss or potential loss.
- VIQ 5.1
- TMSA 3 -8.1
The course is based on the guidelines given in “Code for the Investigation of Marine Casualties and Incidents”, IMO Assembly Resolution A.849(20) and IMO Model Course 3.11