The aim of this training is to increase the awareness of the participants about the risks they pose for the future by examining the factors that cause pollution in the seas and negatively affect the natural life.
- Sustainable shipping and marine environment
- Environmental impact of discharges to the sea
- Environmental challenges for the shipping industry
- Emissions to air – greenhouse gases
- Introduction of invasive species and Ballast Water
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. Average time is 2 hours for CBT module and practical exercise.
The complex union and interaction between oceans, seas, bays, estuaries, and other major water bodies, with the atmosphere and land seaward of the mean high water mark is called “Maritime Environment. Environmental protection is an increasingly important issue all over the world. Especially in maritime business today needs to consider how the seafares can contribute to a more sustainable future.
- STCW Tables A-II/1 to II/5, A-III/1 to A-III/7 and A-VI/1-4
This course is based on the guidelines given in IMO Model Course 1.38