This interactive course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for seafarers for familiarization, basic safety training and instruction on ship abandonment. On meeting the minimum standard of competence in personal survival techniques, a trainee will be able to survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
- Introduction, safety and survival
- Emergency situations
- Survival craft and rescue boats
- Personal life-saving appliances
- Survival at sea
- Emergency radio equipment
- Helicopter assistance
Depending on the participants’ background and knowledge of the subject. The average time is 2 (two) hours for all CBT modules and practical exercise.
- STCW code section A-VI/1
- TMSA Element 3
This course is based on the guidelines of;
- Chapter VI, Table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code
- Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques – IMO Model Course 1.19