The crew responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of your $multi-million asset are a team. A team that also must support your company’s ambitions, ethos and culture.
Onshore teams are generally stable, while crew members working on a contract basis provide a bigger challenge.
Therefore, it is crucial to choose the individual that best fits your culture and expectations.
Before a potential crew member joins your organization, you may evaluate their key technical, soft skills and personality with the use of our assessment modules, which also assists in placing them on the appropriate team.
There are three aspects of training:
1. Orientation Training including company, SMS and pre-joining training.
2. Digital Interactive Training to improve safety, environment, health, operational, competencies...
3. Personal enhancement training to sustain existing crew’s overall wellbeing and create next generation maritime leaders.
Our digital maritime platform offers those solutions both online and offline available on pc, tablet and mobile devices.
Sea life is more difficult than ever, and new skill sets beyond technical ones are required as a result of global crises, pandemic, digitization, and decarbonization.
Along with this, fewer people are choosing maritime careers, particularly as younger generations look for a sense of purpose and contribution in their lives.
The ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) framework also expects from the organizations to create a culture that will draw and keep talent in order to maintain and enhance operational excellence and safety.
As Maritime Trainer we do understand the needs of the shipping companies and assist them to shift to the desired culture to attract more seafarers and retain them.
We also empower seafarers to reach the agility of the modern age by enhancing their skills in:
• Humanitarian Leadership
• Emotion Management
• Mentoring and Coaching
Maritime Trainer was established in 2011 to provide innovative solutions to the assessment, training and development needs of maritime industries' human resources with a comprehensive online and offline infrastructure. Our founders’ collective experience in maritime, safety and technology, continuous investment in people, technology and infrastructure has enabled us to become a global provider.
With our cost-effective and innovative solution, maritime companies can easily fulfil the HR assessment, training and development needs required by TMSA, STCW, MLC 2006, DryBMS and Sire 2.0. Using this experience acquired from the maritime industry together we are also able to deliver solutions for the oil & gas and offshore industry. Our tailored approach to provide training solutions has a proven track record in driving success for our clients.
Our modular maritime platform holistically caters for assessment, familiarisation, onboarding, training, enhancement and retention of your crew.
There are many stakeholders in that ongoing process from HR, Training, Fleet, Safety, IT and general management.
Consequently from the first contact, we want to understand what success means to your company and each stakeholder so we can create the right platform that meets your needs today yet is adaptable and scalable.
Those needs are both for the company and onshore department heads.
Whilst we serve every type of company operating within the maritime, offshore and shipping industries we have particular expertise in the following:
• Sire 2.0
To analyse your current demands and offer the best solution for them, we offer prospective customers a free consultation service. In order to make a quick and successful start, we also provide you with ongoing help during the transition, onboarding, and implementation processes. In order to execute the system successfully, we also provide training to all of your stakeholders, such as crewing agents and operators.
• We analyse your needs and offer the best solutions, in a modular way.
• You select the best option that meets your expectations.
• We take necessary information from you to create the company specific orientation module.
• Our ex-mariners do prepare specific orientation training and SMS related questions for your approval.
• We deploy the platform with your specific or our subdomain with your company name.
• We get ready the platform and and content upon your approval.
• We do train all stakeholders about the use of the platform.
• We give a link from your web page for crew application module.
• We transfer all the necessary data of the existing crew to our platform and enrol the required assessment and training to them.
• We prepare the offline system including two USBs and you send it to the vessel. If you have a server on your vessels we can also directly embed it the vessels’ server without any USB. We also send a guidance for the vessel admin use.
• The system is ready to use. The new applicants come through the application module, and you just need to be sure that the crew completes necessary assessment and training before joining the vessel and vessel training plan is followed and recorded by the vessels admin.
• If you want us to follow the fleet training plan on behalf of you and prepare a comprehensive report to you, we are also at your service.
Through our technology and expertise, with our partners we help shipping companies on the selection and development of their crew on their fleet and offices in order to increase safety and optimize performance in their daily operations.
We are proud to be a member of...
Before becoming a marine superintendent I was a captain with YMN Tanker and involved in the decision to choose MTR 6 years ago. From our initial analysis, they not only offered the basics to enable TMSA compliance, but solutions to address our entire ship & shore training, competence and development needs. Over the years they have proven to be an effective and proactive partner rather than just a supplier. Always ready to listen to our future development needs & plans and offer ideas on how they can be cost-effectively addressed.
Training is everything. I used MTR at my previous company so when I joined Susesea 3 years ago I convinced the management to use them. My reasons were that they provide everything I need for our training needs now and from what I regularly see, in the future too. From my years of experience, MTR is very helpful and responsive. My last request was handled in just an hour. As training is everything within our company, I'd recommend any training manager, safety manager or ISM to consider them.
We have been a customer of MTR for the past 5 years. Initially chosen because they provided a range of services not available from other providers we considered. All at a competitive price. We retain their services because they provide a total staff assessment, onboarding and training solution. There are always improvements as regulations or in-house requirements alter. But we have found MTR to never be more than a question away from addressing and implementing our training needs
Ship collisions are among the most serious risks in the shipping industry. This training aims to reinforce the COLREG Rules with the case studies. The program is designed to help…
Our monthly “Health & Safety Bulletin” is published for November 2022. We highly recommend you to send this bulletin to your fleet. Accident reports can be an attractive topic to…
When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.